Your credit score is very important and says a lot about you. A good credit score can work in your favor and a bad credit score can make life tough. It can cost you an interview, get you denied for a loan and make your interest rates on new credit higher.
Here are few ways to keep your credit score healthy:
- Hook up an automatic payments from your bank account so you never miss a payment
- Put balances on a new credit card that offers 0% interest for a period of time to pay them off faster (then destroy the old card to you don’t charge on them)
- Don’t be afraid to ask to have a late fee reversed, most credit card companies will do that once a year for you
- If you’ve had a card for a year or more and haven’t made a late payment you can ask to have the interest rate lowered
- Don’t apply for more credit if you have plenty available
For more information about credit cards check my credit tab.